- 2/3 cup plus 1/2 cup flour
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda (not baking powder)
- up to 2/3 cup chocolate chips, depending on your preference
- 4 tbsp brown sugar, coconut sugar, or white sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 6 tablespoons milk of choice.
- several small leaves of kale -any kind- (washed and stemmed)
Chocolate chip cookies that contain a SUPERFOOD? Is it possible?
It is, and once you try it you'll likely never want to eat a regular chocolate chip cookie ever again!
Chopped kale mixed into your cookie dough...
Ready to be rolled in plastic wrap and put into the refrigerator.
Just out of the refrigerator, fully chilled.
Purple Kale Chocolate Chip Cookies
Formed balls that have been rolled into sugar.
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Mix your dry ingredients & chips, then add in wet. Chop finely kale leaves and fold them into the cookie dough. Form cookies and bake for about 10 minutes. Take out when still underdone–they’ll continue to cook while cooling, and so you don’t want them to get hard. Pull them from the oven when the edges are JUST golden, and so is the bottom of the cookie. You don't want them dark brown.
**We highly recommend refrigerating the dough before rolling into balls. You can even roll the balls in sugar before placing them onto the cookie sheet. (my Favorite thing to do with cookies).
Each cookie only has around 20 calories!
DISCOVER MORE FOR YOUR GARDEN
Browse through hundreds of seed varietiesENTER THE SEED SHOP