15 Lettuce & Leafy Greens You Should Try Growing Hydroponically
|Share the ♥|
Want to try growing hydroponically this year? Here's 15 of our most popular lettuce and leafy green varieties that are proven to grow extremely well using hydroponic systems (including aquaponics and Tower Gardens)!
- Arugula can usually be harvested as early as one month after planting. Arugula is an easy-to-grow green using any hydroponic setup you have. The leaves of the Arugula plant add a tangy/peppery flavor to any meal. Plant this variety all-year-round using hydroponics and grow lights.
- A perennial plant that grows narrow, grass-like leaves that have a mild onion-like flavor. Chives are rich in vitamins A and C, contain trace amounts of sulfur, and are rich in calcium and iron. Used for many culinary creations. Plant this variety all-year-round using hydroponics and grow lights. The plant will grow to about 12" tall.
- Endive is a healthy and delicious leafy green. The Green Curled Endive plant produces dark green curly leaves with large tender crisp ribs. Excellent on salads and sandwiches. Rich in many vitamins and minerals, especially in folate and vitamins A and K, and is high in fiber. Extremely easy to grow using any hydroponic setup you have. Plant this variety all-year-round using hydroponics and grow lights.
- Old Italian heirloom, rather primitive open kale with blue-green strap leaves that are 3" wide by 10-18" long. Perfect for making Kale Chips! Extremely easy to grow using any hydroponic setup you have. The leaves of this extremely winter-hardy variety become sweeter after a hard frost or harvest leaves when young and tender. Delicious and tender when stir-fried or steamed.
- Stems are purple with deep gray-green leaves. The plants mature medium-tall and leaves are tender compared to other kale varieties. Ideal for salads and light cooking. Extremely easy to grow using any hydroponic setup you have.
- As its name suggests, this is a lettuce that can be gown throughout the year. In even some of the the coldest areas across the country, this variety can be grown with some protection with a cloche or cold frame in the cooler months.
- A mixture of favorite lettuce seed varieties from across the spectrum of lettuce types. Plant heavy and start harvest early for young for baby greens then allow some to grow on for plenty of variety for salads. A great way to get a lot out of little space. Perfect for container gardening.
- Large, upright, full-bodied heads with dark-green, slightly savoyed leaves that are mild and sweet. Plant reaches about 10 inches tall. Midribs are crunchy and juicy. Because of their higher chlorophyll content, romaine lettuces are among the most nutritious of all lettuces.
- Extremely easy to grow! Produces good yields of romaine type lettuce with red tips.
- The Green Salad Bowl Mix is a really easy-to-grow lettuce variety. Extremely flavorful green leafs. Continues to grow as picked. As outer leaves are picked, inner leaves keep growing. Excellent addition for salads and garnishes. A great variety for many gourmet chefs around the world.
- The Red Salad Bowl Mix is a really easy-to-grow lettuce variety. Extremely flavorful red leafs. Continues to grow as picked. As outer leaves are picked, inner leaves keep growing. Excellent addition for salads and garnishes. A great variety for many gourmet chefs around the world.
- Crisp & refreshing lettuce variety. Sweet and crunchy. The leaves of this particular lettuce makes it idea for use in wraps and hors d'oeuvres. Easy to grow in compact spaces and smaller containers. A great variety for many gourmet chefs around the world.
- Bloomsdale Spinach will produce heavy, glossy, dark green leaves. Excellent flavor. Extremely easy to grow. Large, curly dark green leaves. Great flavor.
- The Pink Swiss Chard produces excellent yields of dark green shiny leaves with magenta/hot pink stalks and veins. Excellent for salads, juicing, and/or steamed with others greens. Extremely healthy. Easy to grow.
- A heirloom variety from Australia. The Rainbow Swiss Chard is a popular plant that produces some of the most amazing looking swiss chard leaves in shades of red, orange, purple, yellow, and white. Perfect for salads or steamed greens. One of this years most popular varieties to grow. Extremely healthy.
Want to try growing all of these varieties hydroponically? Try our "All-in-One Hydroponic Greens Variety Pack"!
Packaged with zip-lock Mylar bag system for long-term storage and maximum seed protection.
- Seeds are stored in a heavy duty Mylar 2.2 mil Mylar bag.
- Metallized 2.2 mil poly provides two layers of protection from moisture and light.
- Zipper-top closure and bottom fold.