For anyone who loves iced or hot tea, growing your own herbs at home is easy and fun to do. Many of these herbs grow well in containers, which allows even someone who lives in a small apartment or who rents their home, the ability to grow their own herbs used for tea making. Here's 10 of our favorite MUST GROW plants for herbal tea lovers.
- It's sweet and fragrant. Perfect for reducing tension, curing headaches and calming your mind.
- Plant in well drained soil, in a full sun location.
2. Lemon Mint
- Refreshing, slightly sour. It's strong lemon flavor helps to soothe joint pain, improve your digestion and helps asthma.
- Plant in full sun. Does well in subtropical and tropical climates. Hardy to 14 degrees F. Also does well in containers.
- Fruity and sour in flavor, marjoram helps with poor appetite, liver problems, gas, stomach cramps and gallstones.
- Grow in full sun, with loose and well drained soil.
- Easy to grow and helps combat stomach cramps and digestive problems. It's refreshing when served iced or hot.
- Plant in moist soil, with full to partial sun.
5. Lemon Balm
- Closely related to mint, but with a strong lemon flavor. Very fragrant.
- Grows well in partial shade, and dry soil. Lemon balm will die back in the winter but re-appear each spring. Grow in containers if you're worried about it becoming invasive like mint does.
- Alleviates stomach problems & sore throats.
- Plant in full sun, partial shade. Incredibly low maintenance.
- Fragrant and smells similar to that of an apple. Treats sleep disorders, and calms the nerves.
- Grow in sandy soil, in full sun.
- Commonly overlooked when it comes to growing for herbal teas, however it's aroma is similar to a Lady Gray tea. When combined with honey it helps with constipation, and clears toxins from the body.
- Ideal for container gardening and does well in both full sun and partial shade.
- Add fennel seeds to your herbal tea if you suffer from any digestive disorder.
- Plant in moist and fertile soil in either full sun or partial shade.
- Known as a sedative with calming effects. Helps relieve headaches, insomnia, diarrhea, and exhaustion. Helps reduce stress.
- Plant in full to partial shade, in sandy well-drained soils.