WHAT ARE MOSAIC VIRUSES?
- "Mosaic viruses are plant viruses that cause the leaves to have a speckled appearance." -wiki
HOW TO IDENTIFY MOSAIC VIRUSES AND DAMAGE:
- Yellow, white or green spots on foliage
- Wrinkled or curled leaves
- Yellowing of veins in leaves
- Reduced yields or stunted growth
- "Warty", or mottled fruit
HOW TO CONTROL & PREVENT MOSAIC VIRUSES:
- There is NO CURE for the Mosaic Virus. Once it infects a plant, there is no saving it.
- Your best course of action is to remove the entire plant completely, and destroy it.
- Be sure to clean and disinfect any garden tools used during the clean-out.
- Plant strong, disease resistant varieties.
- Cover your plants with floating-row covers to keep insects away.
- Control your weeds. Some can serve as hosts for the virus.