Parsnip - Harris Model
|Share the ♥|
Parsnip, Harris Model (100% Heirloom/Non-Hybrid/Non-GMO)
- Harris Model Parsnips are 3½" in diameter by up to 12" long.
- The flesh is white and extremely tender.
- One of the most popular parsnip varieties around!
- Very easy to grow - similar to carrots.
- Day to Maturity | 90 days
- Click here to learn how to grow perfect parsnips!
The parsnip (Pastinaca sativa) is a root vegetable related to the carrot. Parsnips resemble carrots, but are paler in color than most carrots, and have a sweeter taste, especially when cooked. The buttery, slightly spicy, sweet flavor of cooked mature parsnips (often picked after the first frost) is reminiscent of butterscotch, honey, and subtle cardamom. (Source)