This heirloom garlic has medium to large bulb.
- Beautifully bright white skin with light rose-colored streaked cloves
- Very attractive for braiding.
- Excellent flavor.
- Strong flavor.
- In rich soil, cloves can lose their rosy hue.
- This variety of garlic has long shelf-life and will store well into next spring or even summer.
How to Plant Garlic
Garlic can be planted in the spring as soon as the ground can be worked, but fall planting is recommended. Bulbs will grow bigger and more flavorful when you plant them in the fall. Plant 6 to 8 weeks before your first hard frost. In southern areas, February or March can be a better time to plant.
Key Planting Info:
- Break apart cloves from bulb but keep the papery husk on each individual clove.
- Ensure soil is well-drained with plenty of organic matter. Plant in Full Sun.
- Plant 4 inches apart & 2 inches deep, in their upright position (the wide end down and pointed end facing up).
- Come springtime, shoots will begin to emerge.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.
THE PERFECT GIFT FOR ANY OCCASION
Gift a membership to the Monthly Seed Club: http://www.urbanorganicgardener.club Choose from 1, 3, 6, or 12-month pre-pay membership options
Click on the image below to view it in a larger format. Print it and save it!
SEED STARTING TIPS AND TRICKS:
6 Tips That Every NEW Gardener Should Know - View
Tips for Successfully Starting Your Seeds Indoors - View
Egg Carton Seed Trays - View
Use Muffin Tins To Start Your Seeds In! - View
How do I Know Which Seeds to Direct Sow and Which to Seeds to Start Indoors? - View
How to Get Better Germination From Your Seeds - View
9 Steps to Harden Off Seedlings - View
7 Tips For Using Rockwool To Start Your Seeds - View
Are you starting enough seeds? - View
What's the proper way to thin seedlings? 🌱 🌱 - View
Seed Planting & Spacing Cheat Sheet - View
WAIT! Don't start these seeds indoors yet! - View
OK! It's time to start these seeds indoors NOW! - View