- Extremely tender, medium green leaves are broad and slightly crumpled
- The juicy leaves have a mild cabbage-like flavor and are delicious boiled, steamed, or as an addition to salads
- Tolerant of heat and cold
- Rich in vitamins and minerals
- Plant grows to about 36" tall
Days to Maturity | 80 days
Collards | Plant seeds 3 to 4 weeks before your first frost for Spring harvest. Sow seeds approximately 12" from one another.
Click here for complete Collards grow guide
Collard is widely considered to be a healthy food, collards are good sources of vitamin C and soluble fiber and contain multiple nutrients with potent anti-cancer properties, such as diindolylmethane and sulforaphane. Roughly a quarter pound (approx. 100 g) of cooked collards contains 46 calories.
* THE SEED SHOP *
THE PERFECT GIFT FOR ANY OCCASION
Gift a membership to the Monthly Seed Club: http://www.urbanorganicgardener.club Choose from 1, 3, 6, or 12-month pre-pay membership options
You may also like
Discover more variety for your vegetable garden
CONTINUE SHOPPINGENTER THE SEED SHOP ➜