Squash (Winter), Long Island Cheese (100% Heirloom/Non-Hybrid/Non-GMO)
The Long Island Cheese squash plant produces excellent yields of 10 pound squash resembling a wheel of cheese.
- Grows as a vine (not as a bush)
- Popular heirloom variety passed down for many generations
- The orange flesh is very sweet and can be used for making pie during the autumn months
- Widely grown by people all across New York and New Jersey
- Day to Maturity | 100 days
- Best Months to Plant | [March - June] Winter squash love the sun and can't get enough of it. They need about 3 months of warm temperature and one additional month of cooler temps to fully mature.