Squash (Summer), Early Summer Crookneck (100% Heirloom/Non-Hybrid/Non-GMO)
- The Early Summer Crookneck is a popular Heirloom squash variety that grows extremely quickly - only 45 days!
- Grows as a compact bush size plant (not as a vine)
- Produces delicious and beautiful yellow 8" long fruits with a thin curving neck
- Fast-growing summer squash produces large yields
- Perfect for growing in small spaces
- Day to Maturity | 45 days
- Best Months to Plant | [March - June] Summer squash love the sun and can't get enough of it. They are warm-season crops and are sensitive to cold/frost. Plant your seeds as soon as the soil has warmed.
Though considered a vegetable in cooking, botanically speaking, squash is a fruit (being the receptacle for the plant's seeds). Squash can be served fresh (in salads) and cooked (squash stuffed with meat, fried squash, baked squash).