The Rattlesnake Pole Bean is as delicious as it is beautiful. Long purple-and-green streaked pods dangle from strong 10' vines, with streaked beige beans inside. Like its namesnake, it’s not bothered by heat, humidity, or drought. If you hear it rattle, it has probably dried on the vine. Grow alongside other streaked beans, like Tongue of Fire and Borlotti.
- Easy to grow
- Heat tolerant
- Long pods up to 8"-10”
- Eat fresh or dried
SEED PLANTING TIPS
- Botanical name: Phaseolus vulgaris
- Depth to plant seeds: 1" deep
- Spacing between plants: 5" apart
- Spacing between rows: 18"-24" apart
- Days to germinate (sprout): 8-14 days
- Germination soil temps: 70F-85F
- Soil needs: 6.0-7.0 pH
- Sun needs: Full sun
- Frost hardy: No
- Planting season: Spring, summer
- # of plants per sq. ft.: Appx. 4 plants per sq. ft.
- Days to maturity: 70-75 days
Click here to view our full Bean grow guide
Good companion plants: Cucumber, Pea, Rosemary, Thyme, Tomato
🌱 🥳 The perfect gift idea
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.
THE PERFECT GIFT IDEA FOR ANY OCCASION Gift a membership to the Urban Organic Gardener's Monthly Seed Club: http://www.urbanorganicgardener.club