Collard, Vates (100% Heirloom/Non-Hybrid/Non-GMO)
- Extremely tender, medium green leaves are broad and slightly crumpled.
- The juicy leaves have a mild cabbage-like flavor and are delicious boiled, steamed, or as an addition to salads.
- Tolerant of heat and cold.
- Rich in vitamins and minerals.
- Plant grows to about 36" tall.
Day to Maturity | 80 days
Collards | Plant seeds 3 to 4 weeks before your first frost for Spring harvest. Sow seeds approximately 12" from one another.
Click here for complete Collards grow guide
Collard is widely considered to be a healthy food, collards are good sources of vitamin C and soluble fiber and contain multiple nutrients with potent anti-cancer properties, such as diindolylmethane and sulforaphane. Roughly a quarter pound (approx. 100 g) of cooked collards contains 46 calories.