The Sub Arctic Plenty (Early) Tomato is trying to tell you something: It produces a lot of fruits very quickly (45 days!), and really likes cooler temps. It would also like you to know that you can quickly (45 days!) grow the plants closer together without a stake or cage, or in a container or hanging basket. One more thing: It doesn’t sacrifice flavor or texture by ripening so many fruits so quickly (45 days!). You’ll harvest clusters of robust, red, juicy, tart, smallish medium-sized fruits in no time (45 days!). Plenty of them.
- Very high yields
- Very quick production—45 days!
- Good for containers
- Good for an early Southern or short Northern growing season
SEED PLANTING TIPS
- Botanical name: Solanum lycopersicum
- Growth type: Determinate, tomato cage support, no pruning
- Tomato size: Medium
- Depth to plant seeds: .25" deep
- Spacing between plants: 12"-24" apart
- Spacing between rows: 36"-48" apart
- Days to germinate (sprout): 7-14 days
- Germination soil temps: 75F-85F
- Soil needs: 6.0-6.5 pH
- Sun needs: Full sun
- Frost hardy: No
- Planting season: Spring, summer
- # of plants per sq. ft.: Appx. 1 plant per sq. ft.
- Days to maturity: 45-60 days
* THE SEED SHOP *
Discover even more variety for your garden
Filter seed varieties by personality: