The Royal Burgundy Bush Bean has so many things going for it—colorful, beautiful, tasty, plentiful, long-producing—but the coolest thing is that it grows in cool weather. Dark purple 5"-6" pods produced high on the plant make for a doubly easy harvest. When cooked, watch them change color from royal purple to royal green.
- Easy to grow
- High yields
- Continuous production throughout growing season
- Grows in cool weather
SEED PLANTING TIPS
- Botanical name: Phaseolus vulgaris
- Depth to plant seeds: 1" deep
- Spacing between plants: 4" apart
- Spacing between rows: 18"-24" apart
- Days to germinate (sprout): 5-10 days
- Germination soil temps: 70F-85F
- Soil needs: 6.0-7.0 pH
- Sun needs: Full sun
- Frost hardy: No
- Planting season: Spring, summer, fall
- # of plants per sq. ft.: Appx. 4 plants per sq. ft.
- Days to maturity: 50-55 days
Click here to view our full Bean grow guide
Good companion plants: Cucumber, Pea, Rosemary, Thyme, Tomato
🌱 🥳 The perfect gift idea
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.
THE PERFECT GIFT IDEA FOR ANY OCCASION Gift a membership to the Urban Organic Gardener's Monthly Seed Club: http://www.urbanorganicgardener.club