Kale, Red Russian (100% Heirloom/Non-Hybrid/Non-GMO)
- Stems are purple with deep gray-green leaves.
- The plants mature medium-tall and leaves are tender compared to other kale varieties.
- Ideal for salads and light cooking.
- This variety is excellent producer in cooler growing seasons.
Day to Maturity | 65 days
Kale Seeds | Kale can be planted pretty much anywhere in the United States where there's a cool fall growing season. Plant Kale in rows 18 inches to 2 feet apart.
- Click here for complete Kale grow guide
Kale is considered to be a highly nutritious vegetable with powerful antioxidant properties; kale is considered to be anti-inflammatory. Kale is very high in beta carotene, vitamin K, vitamin C, lutein, zeaxanthin, and reasonably rich in calcium.