Red Grain is a purple stipe hardneck type garlic. It produces 9-12 medium size cloves. White with red streaks throughout. Spicy in flavor, but sweet when cooked.
• Hard neck
• Spicy flavor but sweet when cooked
How to Plant Garlic
Garlic can be planted in the spring as soon as the ground can be worked, but fall planting is recommended. Bulbs will grow bigger and more flavorful when you plant them in the fall.
Key Planting Info:
- Break apart cloves from bulb but keep the papery husk on each individual clove.
- Ensure soil is well-drained with plenty of organic matter. Plant in Full Sun.
- Plant 4 inches apart & 2 inches deep, in their upright position (the wide end down and pointed end facing up).
- Come springtime, shoots will begin to emerge.