Roquette Arugula (also called Rocket) is one of the easiest leafy greens you can grow, and can be harvested as early as four weeks after planting. The young seed pods, flowers, leaves, and mature seeds are all edible. A member of the mustard family, the leaves of the Arugula plant add a tangy/peppery flavor to any meal.
- Easy to grow
- Entire plant is edible
- Frost tolerant
- Quick to mature—20 days for baby greens
SEED PLANTING TIPS
- Botanical name: Eruca vesicaria sativa
- Depth to plant seeds: .25" deep
- Spacing between plants: 4"-6" apart
- Spacing between rows: 12"-18" apart
- Days to germinate (sprout): 4-7 days
- Germination soil temps: 40F-70F
- Soil needs: 6.0-7.0 pH
- Sun needs: Full sun, partial shade
- Frost hardy: Yes
- Planting season: Spring, fall
- # of plants per sq. ft.: Appx. 9 plants per sq. ft.
- Days to maturity: 20-45 days
Click here to view our full Arugula grow guide.
Good companion plants: Beet, Carrot, Celery, Cucumber, Spinach
ADDITIONAL PLANT INFORMATION
Health Benefits of Arugula
Arugula is rich in vitamin C and potassium, and has been used as an aphrodisiac. Arugula has been acknowledged by the American Cancer Society for its anti-cancer compounds and antioxidants.
🌱 🥳 The perfect gift idea
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.
THE PERFECT GIFT IDEA FOR ANY OCCASION Gift a membership to the Urban Organic Gardener's Monthly Seed Club: http://www.urbanorganicgardener.club