The Orange King Pepper has a sweet, mild nature, and rules with a lobed hand. Feast your eyes on the pageantry of fruit after fruit ripening from the regal green of a Caesar salad to the majestic orange of a Monarch butterfly. This 4"-6" thick-skinned, blocky baron is resplendent and refreshing in any salad bowl, pickle jar, or roasting pan.
- High yields
- Sweet and mild
- Crunchy and juicy
- Good fresh and cooked
SEED PLANTING TIPS
- Botanical name: Capsicum annuum
- Pepper size: Large/4"-6"
- Plant support: Tomato cage or stake
- Depth to plant seeds: .25" deep
- Spacing between plants: 18"-24" apart
- Spacing between rows: 24"-36" apart
- Days to germinate (sprout): 7-21 days
- Germination soil temps: 75F-85F
- Soil needs: 6.0-7.0 pH
- Sun needs: Full sun
- Frost hardy: No
- Planting season: Spring, summer
- # of plants per sq. ft.: Appx. 1 plant per 2 sq. ft.
- Days to maturity: 85-90 days
Good companion plants: Basil, Carrot, Cucumber, Eggplant, Okra, Rosemary, Sage, Squash, Tomato
- Plant produces good yields of orange colored sweet bell peppers. Peppers have thick walls turn from green to orange when mature. Suitable for home garden and market growers.
|All Peppers ⟐ Sweet Peppers||📚 Sweet Peppers Grow Guide|
* THE SEED SHOP *
THE PERFECT GIFT FOR ANY OCCASION
Gift a membership to the Monthly Seed Club: http://www.urbanorganicgardener.club Choose from 1, 3, 6, or 12-month pre-pay membership options
You may also like
Discover more variety for your vegetable garden
CONTINUE SHOPPINGENTER THE SEED SHOP ➜