Carrot - Autumn King, 10" Long
Carrot, Autumn King (10" Long) (100% Heirloom/Non-Hybrid/Non-GMO)
The Autumn King carrot is one of the more popular varieties to grow. It's split-resistant skin turns to a deep dark orange/red color as it matures.
- One of the largest of carrots! Grows 10" - 12" long
- Easy to grow in sandy soil
- A favorite of many home grower
- Carrots are a sun-loving plants that also like the cold.
- Just keep them consistently watered and they'll be happy.
Day to Maturity | 70 day
Carrot Seeds | Carrots are an annual cool-season crop, half-hardy to frost and light freezes. Sow seeds evenly in a very shallow furrow, about 1/4 inch deep, and keep seeds moist so they will germinate.
Click here for complete Carrot grow guide
Carrot gets its characteristic and bright orange colour from β-carotene, which is metabolised into vitamin A in humans when bile salts are present in the intestines. Carrots are also rich in dietary fibre, antioxidants, and minerals.
+ CLICK IMAGES TO ZOOM