Pepper - Birds Eye
|Share the ♥|
Pepper (HOT), Birds Eye (100% Heirloom/Non-Hybrid/Non-GMO)
Botanical Name: Capsicum annum glabriusculum. The Birds Eye pepper is the official wild pepper of Texas.
- A very hot, often 7x – 8x hotter on the scoville scale than jalapenos!
- This is a Perennial pepper variety which means that if the soil doesn’t freeze hard in your area, you'll most likely be able to grow these peppers all year round.
- Rated at 200,000 Scoville Heat Units!
- Easy to grow from seeds.
- Can be used in place of any hot peppers in many culinary recipes.
- The commercial hot sauce brand Cholula lists bird peppers as one of its ingredients.
- Thomas Jefferson first obtained seed of the Bird Pepper in 1812 from Captain Samuel Brown, who was stationed in San Antonio, Texas. Jefferson recorded planting this pepper in pots and in the kitchen garden in 1814. [source]
Day to Maturity | 100+ days
Hot Pepper Seeds | Keep your soil moist and about 75°F. Space plants about 18" apart and 1/4" deep.
Click here for complete Hot Pepper grow guide