Pepper (HOT), Birds Eye (100% Heirloom/Non-Hybrid/Non-GMO)
Botanical Name: Capsicum annum glabriusculum. The Birds Eye pepper is the official wild pepper of Texas.
- A very hot, often 7x – 8x hotter on the scoville scale than jalapenos!
- This is a Perennial pepper variety which means that if the soil doesn’t freeze hard in your area, you'll most likely be able to grow these peppers all year round.
- Rated at 200,000 Scoville Heat Units!
- Easy to grow from seeds.
- Can be used in place of any hot peppers in many culinary recipes.
- The commercial hot sauce brand Cholula lists bird peppers as one of its ingredients.
- Thomas Jefferson first obtained seed of the Bird Pepper in 1812 from Captain Samuel Brown, who was stationed in San Antonio, Texas. Jefferson recorded planting this pepper in pots and in the kitchen garden in 1814. [source]
Day to Maturity | 100+ days
Hot Pepper Seeds | Keep your soil moist and about 75°F. Space plants about 18" apart and 1/4" deep.
Click here for complete Hot Pepper grow guide
Do you like surprises? 🙈
Join the monthly seed club today and receive up to 5 hand-selected seed packs, delivered every month. Includes everything you need to start the seeds upon arrival. Consider gifting a membership to someone you know. Choose from 1, 3, 6, or 12-month membership options. The perfect gift idea for any occasion! Learn more about the Urban Organic Gardener's Monthly Seed Club
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.
THE PERFECT GIFT IDEA FOR ANY OCCASION Gift a membership to the Urban Organic Gardener's Monthly Seed Club: http://www.urbanorganicgardener.club
Click on the image below to view it in a larger format. Print it and save it!
SEED STARTING TIPS AND TRICKS:
6 Tips That Every NEW Gardener Should Know - View
Tips for Successfully Starting Your Seeds Indoors - View
Egg Carton Seed Trays - View
Use Muffin Tins To Start Your Seeds In! - View
How do I Know Which Seeds to Direct Sow and Which to Seeds to Start Indoors? - View
How to Get Better Germination From Your Seeds - View
9 Steps to Harden Off Seedlings - View
7 Tips For Using Rockwool To Start Your Seeds - View
Are you starting enough seeds? - View
What's the proper way to thin seedlings? 🌱 🌱 - View
Seed Planting & Spacing Cheat Sheet - View
WAIT! Don't start these seeds indoors yet! - View
OK! It's time to start these seeds indoors NOW! - View