Squash - Dark Green
Squash (Summer), Dark Green Zucchini (100% Heirloom/Non-Hybrid/Non-GMO)
The Dark Green Squash is another one of the most popular squash varieties on the market.
- Grows as a compact bush size plant (not as a vine)
- Produces a dark green, glossy fruit, which is long, straight & slender.
- Firm, very tender, with excellent flavor making it perfect sliced, fried, steamed, or baked.
- Ideal for home gardens and market growers.
- A summer squash variety.
- Very easy to grow.
Day to Maturity | 80 days
- Best Months to Plant | [March - June] Summer squash love the sun and can't get enough of it. They are warm-season crops and are sensitive to cold/frost. Plant your seeds as soon as the soil has warmed.
Though considered a vegetable in cooking, botanically speaking, squash is a fruit (being the receptacle for the plant's seeds). Squash can be served fresh (in salads) and cooked (squash stuffed with meat, fried squash, baked squash).
+ CLICK IMAGES TO ZOOM