Pepper - Birds Eye
Questions? Send us a Message
or call us toll-free: 1-877-344-4NOW (4669)
Pepper (HOT), Birds Eye (100% Heirloom/Non-Hybrid/Non-GMO)
Botanical Name: Capsicum annum glabriusculum. The Birds Eye pepper is the official wild pepper of Texas.
- A very hot, often 7x – 8x hotter on the scoville scale than jalapenos!
- This is a Perennial pepper variety which means that if the soil doesn’t freeze hard in your area, you'll most likely be able to grow these peppers all year round.
- Easy to grow from seeds.
- Can be used in place of any hot peppers in many culinary recipes.
- The commercial hot sauce brand Cholula lists bird peppers as one of its ingredients.
- Thomas Jefferson first obtained seed of the Bird Pepper in 1812 from Captain Samuel Brown, who was stationed in San Antonio, Texas. Jefferson recorded planting this pepper in pots and in the kitchen garden in 1814. [source]
- Day to Maturity | 100+ days
|The seeds we offer here at SeedsNow.com aren't like varieties you'd typically find at local shopping centers. All the seeds sold on this website are pure heirloom non-hybridized varieties that are free
from genetic engineering. These open-pollinated varieties are the only seeds that you can safely save after each harvest and preserve for many generations to follow. [ENTER SEED SHOP]
- [WHAT IS GMO?] - [ABOUT OUR SEEDS]
+ CLICK IMAGES TO ZOOM
TOP 20 MOST POPULAR SEEDSSquash - Black Beauty Zucchini Spinach - Bloomsdale Pepper - California Wonder Carrot - Tendersweet, 7" Long Onion - White Sweet Spanish Pepper - Jalapeno Kale - Blue Curled Scotch Spinach - Noble Giant Basil - Italian Large Leaf Tomato - Roma Carrot - Little Fingers, 4" Long Brussel Sprouts - Long Island Catskill Dill (Bouquet) Pepper - Sun Bright Yellow Chives, Garlic Tomato - Beefsteak/Ponderosa Red Lettuce - Romaine Classic Parsley - Dark Green Italian Asparagus - Mary Washington Squash - Early Summer Crookneck