Pepper - Birds Eye
Pepper (HOT), Birds Eye (100% Heirloom/Non-Hybrid/Non-GMO)
Botanical Name: Capsicum annum glabriusculum. The Birds Eye pepper is the official wild pepper of Texas.
- A very hot, often 7x – 8x hotter on the scoville scale than jalapenos!
- This is a Perennial pepper variety which means that if the soil doesn’t freeze hard in your area, you'll most likely be able to grow these peppers all year round.
- Easy to grow from seeds.
- Can be used in place of any hot peppers in many culinary recipes.
- The commercial hot sauce brand Cholula lists bird peppers as one of its ingredients.
- Thomas Jefferson first obtained seed of the Bird Pepper in 1812 from Captain Samuel Brown, who was stationed in San Antonio, Texas. Jefferson recorded planting this pepper in pots and in the kitchen garden in 1814. [source]
- Day to Maturity | 100+ days
|The seeds we offer here at SeedsNow.com aren't like varieties you'd typically find at local shopping centers. All the seeds sold on this website are pure heirloom non-hybridized varieties that are free
from genetic engineering. These open-pollinated varieties are the only seeds that you can safely save after each harvest and preserve for many generations to follow. [ENTER SEED SHOP]
- [WHAT IS GMO?] - [ABOUT OUR SEEDS]
+ CLICK IMAGES TO ZOOM
Share your favorite pics and get featured. How? Just share a photo on Instagram, tag us in your picture by including this hashtag: #seedsnow